Bath Education Trust (BET) is a partnership and collaboration of key education providers and businesses in Bath and North East Somerset. Our aim is to improve the educational experience of children and young people in our schools and colleges and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. We aim to ensure that all students develop the knowledge and skills for successful progression in education and employment.
We are committed to the principles of:
• open, honest and transparent collaboration
• integrity and mutual respect
• a firm commitment to the provision of high quality education
• putting learners first
Partnership for excellence
We seek to achieve our aim by providing educational services and support through the establishment of partnership working between educational providers and with the business community.
We are working together to:
• develop and deliver a well-planned and collaborative curriculum offer that best meets the needs of all learners
• undertake joint teaching and learning development
• improve advice and guidance to students by developing collaborative and impartial approaches to service delivery
• operate within common quality assurance frameworks
• participate in an agreed programme of joint activities
• achieve efficiencies in back office services.
Day to day activities are led by a Management Group, composed of the Headteachers/Principals of the schools/college, representatives from the universities and the BET Project Manager.