Bath Education Trust (BET) is a partnership and collaboration of key education providers and businesses in Bath and North East Somerset. Our aim is to improve the educational experience of children and young people in our schools and colleges and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. We aim to ensure that all students develop the knowledge and skills for successful progression in education and employment.
We are committed to the principles of:
• open, honest and transparent collaboration
• integrity and mutual respect
• a firm commitment to the provision of high quality education
• putting learners first
Partnership for excellence
We seek to achieve our aim by providing educational services and support through the establishment of partnership working between educational providers and with the business community.
We are working together to:
• develop and deliver a well-planned and collaborative curriculum offer that best meets the needs of all learners
• undertake joint teaching and learning development
• improve advice and guidance to students by developing collaborative and impartial approaches to service delivery
• operate within common quality assurance frameworks
• participate in an agreed programme of joint activities
• achieve efficiencies in back office services.
We are governed by a Trust Board, chaired by
Peter France, CEO of Rotork plc.
Other members of the Board include:
Matt Atkinson (Bath College)
Carole Stott (Bath College)
Kate Reynolds (Bath Spa University)
Andrew Davies (Beechen Cliff School)
Charles Oldham (Beechen Cliff School)
Jo Kaye (Hayesfield Girls' School)
Emma Yates (Hayesfield Girls' School)
Stuart Weatherall (Oldfield School)
Matthew Woodville (Oldfield School)
Russell Franks (Ralph Allen School)
Tim Withers (Ralph Allen School)
Raymond Friel (Saint Gregory's)
Rodney Fernandez (Saint Gregory's)
Julie Dyer (Three Ways School)
Tony Comer (Three Ways School)
Andrea Arlidge (Wellsway Multi Academy Trust)
Susan Robbins (Wellsway Multi Academy Trust)
Bernie Morley (University of Bath)
Day to day activities are led by a Management Group, composed of the Headteachers/Principals of the schools/college, representatives from the universities and the BET Project Manager.